Wednesday, November 25, 2009

47. Sympathetic Professors

Okay, so, there's one professor in particular that I'm thinking of as I write this, but he's not the only sympathetic professor I have to be grateful for. Anyway, I have a paper due in one of my classes. Actually, the final draft was due today, but here's the story about mine.

So, a while ago the students in my class were paired up to write a research paper together. I'm not a big fan of group projects, but I've come to accept them as a part of life that I will probably never get away from. Anyway, after we got divided up into pairs, my partner got sick. Then, just as he was recovering, I got sick. This put as back about a week on our project. Our professor understood (and with the whole swine flu thing going on, the university has told everyone to be pretty forgiving about illness anyway) and has allowed us to hand things in late. Well, the rough draft was due a week ago, so, it would make sense that ours should be due today. Well, it would have gotten turned in, except that when my partner gave me his portion to add to mine, well, it turned out that we had each written the exact same half of the paper! Talk about frustration. Luckily, however, I talked to our professor about this and we have worked things out to hand the paper in later (especially since it's hard to coordinate writing the rest of the paper with my partner right now since he is out of town). So, I am particularly thankful for a sympathetic professor who isn't requiring me to completely give up my break to finish this paper.

Oh, and Jenn, I realize that you have had to coordinate writing papers over long distances quite a bit for your program. I am not jealous one bit.

1 comment:

  1. It's complicated, but when you pay through the nose for the opportunity to write papers you make it work.

    ReplyDelete