Saturday, November 14, 2009

36. My Office

I am very thankful to have an office at school. Okay, so, it's really more of a cubicle inside an office that I share with some other grad students, but it's close enough (that makes me think of the episode of "The Office" when Dwight is trying to call the conference room his office).

It works out really well for me to have my desk in here. I can't focus enough in my apartment to do homework, and I just don't like to go to the library, but I need a place to go where I won't get too distracted. My office is perfect for that. It has been especially nice today. I've had a lot of work to catch up on lately, and I've been in my office pretty much all day. It's not that I enjoy being in here so much that I don't want to leave, I just have a lot to get done and it's been nice to have a place to get it done. I can still get distracted in here (as can be seen in the picture), but it happens to a much smaller level than it would at home.

Also, it feels good to tell people that I'm going to my office. Every other grad student I know has an office as well, so I'm not exactly a special case in that regard, but it still feels good to say that. I guess that's just one of the little perks of deciding to stay in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment