Thursday, November 12, 2009

34. Mathcad

Alright, so, here's some nerdiness coming out tonight. Mathcad is a program that I use a lot at school. It's a math program that we use in my engineering classes a lot. It's basically a really powerful calculator, with a lot more capabilities than an actual calculator has. I pretty much use it every day, and it makes solving certain problems a lot easier than they would be without it. My professors talk about solving these kinds of problems through more tedious means when they were in school, and I'm glad I don't have to do that. Mathcad can be very picky and tedious itself sometimes (okay, hardly a day goes by when I don't hear somebody complain about it), but if you don't need to debug anything, it really is a pretty slick tool to use. So, I'm thankful that I have this tool available to me.

1 comment: