Wednesday, November 4, 2009

26. Awkward Moments

Er, this is kind of awkward. Okay, that was lame. Anyway, I really am thankful for awkward moments. I'm thankful for the awkward moments that I experience, the awkward moments that I witness, and the awkward moments I hear about.

Why am I thankful for awkward moments? Because they provide great stories for later on, as long as you can laugh at yourself. And, well, I tend to always have a story to tell. I had a good friend of mine tell me once that she loves my awkward moments. I don't know if there's something unique about mine, or if I just had a lot to tell about, but she liked them. And me and my roommates have had a lot of fun sharing our experiences with each other. And, obviously, a lot of these awkward stories have something to do with girls. I guess that means that girls are just awkward. Heh heh, just kidding.

I'm also very thankful for potential awkward moments that are quickly extinguished. I had one of those experiences tonight. I have a friend that I've been getting to know over the semester. We've had a lot of fun whenever we've talked or been somewhere together. So, I decided to ask her out tonight. Well, I guess we hadn't talked enough for me to learn that she has a boyfriend. Awkward! Luckily, though, I was able to play off the situation fairly well and we were able to keep joking around and have a good time. At least, I know it wasn't awkward for me after that, I hope it wasn't awkward for her. I doubt it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment