Thursday, November 5, 2009

27. Medicine

Okay, so I recognize the irony of writing about medicine just a few weeks after talking about how I'm thankful for my good health, but I'm doing it anyway.

Despite my generally good health, I came down with the flu last night. I'm not really surprised that I did. A lot of people around me have been getting sick, and I haven't been getting as much sleep lately and I should be, so I guess it was bound to happen. It was a pretty mild flu, and I think I'm already pretty much over it. I'm probably not 100% yet, but I'm sure feeling a lot better than I did last night and this morning.

Anyway, back to medicine. I was feeling pretty crummy this morning and afternoon. I had a fever and a headache and decided I needed to stay home from school. Then, after consulting with my mom for a little bit, I took some Advil. All it took was one. Within an hour my fever was gone and my head didn't hurt anymore and I got some good rest. That was about 6 hours ago now, so I'm pretty sure that the medicine has worn off and I really am feeling better.

So, that last paragraph sounded a lot like a commercial for Advil. Basically, my point is that I'm thankful for the medicines that we do have these days and how effective they can be. Even though my body can usually take care of itself pretty well, I'm thankful for the help that is available when it needs it.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that as soon everyone in our family goes to Florida except me and you, my back goes out and you get sick. Is it possible we're being smitten for staying home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we were smitten here as well. Aerie, C5, and I have all been sick this week. Mom got sick, too.

    ReplyDelete