Monday, November 16, 2009

38. FHE

Family Home Evening has always been nice. When I was at home, it was nice to spend some time together with the family. Of course, I had to go through a phase where I wasn't the most enthusiastic about it, but I don't think that phase was all that bad with me. And, I was the only kid at home for a good portion of my teenage years, so family home evening worked a little different then anyway. When I was younger I think I probably liked it mostly because I knew there would be a treat at the end. Anyway, I enjoyed family home evening.

I still have FHE at college, but it definitely works a little differently here. I mean, we still have a spiritual thought and an activity like usual, but it's all college students. It's a nice way to start out the week, and it's fun to get together with other people in the ward, especially since I'm hiding out in my office for a good portion of the week. FHE has been a good thing in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I have two favorite FHE memories of you. One was when you taught the lesson, and it was about how to help Mom bake a pie. The other is from the night I was in charge of activity, and I made everyone dress up to film a video. You were a little boy scout with a Nerf thing that shot arrows, and you came in shooting them all over the living room at the end. It was hilarious. I think Mom and Dad still have that little movie somewhere.

    I deleted my first comment because I published it with a terrible typo. It was the same comment, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yeah, I remember that video. I killed dad at the end and stomped on his stomach. I don't remember the lesson about baking a pie, though. At least it made an impression on somebody.

    ReplyDelete