Tuesday, November 17, 2009

39. Tim Hortons

Alright, so, here's another post dealing with donuts. This still counts as a completely independent thing for which I am grateful, though, because neither this post nor the previous donut post are specifically about donuts. Donut Day and Tim Hortons are two completely different topics. If you don't believe me, well, too bad.

Okay, so, I can't lie. One of the reasons that I am thankful for Tim Hortons is that I love the donuts. That's not the only reason, however. This might sound kind of silly, but going to Tim Hortons is kind of a special experience for me when I am home. It's just one of those things that helps me connect with being home and being in Canada. I mean, it's not as if it's to my life and identity hinge on having a Tim Hortons donut, but I think it's safe to say that this donut shop is truly part of Canadian culture. I once read that Canada has more donut shops per capita than any other country in the world. I guess if your just talking about donuts, the US is Canada's only real competition. I don't think the donut is extremely popular outside of North America.

Anyway, Tim Hortons is great. I go there every time I'm home, and I get excited every time I pull into the parking lot.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny. Someone told me the other day that Tim Hortons makes too much money from all of us, but they did a good job of annihilating the competition, including the shop on Mayor Magrath that sold the Big Texan. And where dad always got an apple fritter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first thing I did when I got back to Canada after my mission . . . I got a maple glaze doughnut at the Tim Hortons in the Calgary Airport. It was when I knew I was home!

    ReplyDelete