Saturday, October 31, 2009

22. Halloween

Happy Halloween! Halloween is always fun. I'm not a big partier or anything, but I have fun every year on Halloween and the days leading up to it. I'm a fan of the fun side of Halloween and the scary side (not the super gory/evil stuff, just the creepy/make you tense and jump stuff). Trick-or-treating was always fun as a kid. I mean, who doesn't love getting free candy, and lots of it?

Also, it's always fun to dress up. One of my favorite costumes growing up was a sandwich. I don't know where that costume is anymore, but it was great. Last year I tried dressing up as either Bob or Doug McKenzie. I'm not really sure which one I was, but I don't think that really matters. Unfortunately, nobody I talked to that night knew who Bob and Doug are, so they all just thought I was dressed up as a bum. Then, when I would tell who I really was, they would just act all confused as if they had never heard of them. This surprised me. Sure, I'm in the US and not Canada, but leading up to that day (and continuing after it as well) I'll always get comments from people about Strange Brew when they find out I'm Canadian. I must have just hit a bit of a Strange Brew vacuum that night.

This year I was really excited about my costume. I wore it to our ward Halloween party, which was Thursday night. Basically, I tried to dress up like Homer Simpson from the Halloween special "Tree House of Horror IV." This is the episode where Homer sells his soul for a donut and eventually gets hid head turned into a donut. I was pretty sure that most of the people in my ward wouldn't get it right off the bat, and I was right. However, it was a lot of fun when somebody did recognize it right away.

2 comments:

  1. "Homer quit picking at it!"
    "But Marg, I'm so sweet and tasty."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome costume!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete