Friday, October 16, 2009

7. Bacon

Okay, so, I love bacon. I was trying to decide if I should just include bacon in a post about good food in general (which may come in the future), but I decided that bacon deserves its very own post. It's that good.

Seriously, bacon is one food that I just don't get enough of. When I'm eating other foods that I love, I do eventually reach a point where I'm not enjoying the experience anymore. That has never happened to me with bacon. And I hope it never does. I want to always enjoy my bacon consumption.

I don't get to eat as much bacon as I would like. I don't buy it very much because I'm a student with not a tonne of money. If I could, I would eat it every day, multiple times a day. Of course, that wouldn't be very healthy and could cause a lot of problems.

To help you understand my feelings about bacon, I refer you to Jim Gaffigan. He has a bit about bacon that I think is genius and I agree with everything he says (even the bacon to bacon vortex...it could happen).

If anybody reading this is worried about my me and feels that I have an unhealthy obsession with and praise for bacon, don't worry. It's not as if I'm thinking like this all day everyday. I may even go weeks at a time without thinking about bacon. I don't let it affect my worship, studies, social life, etc. I just think it's one of the tastiest foods out there and am very grateful that I can eat it. Very, very grateful.

4 comments:

  1. There is a commercial on at home right now about how a certain bacon flavour removed additives from its bacon to make more room for real bacon-y flavour. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there is a food you love, since I seem to be very good at finding only the foods you don't seem to care for.

    Popcorn at my house tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a story about a lady who was a vegetarian for over 20 years and finally broke down and ate meat one day when her husband was cooking bacon. It is THAT Good! I totally agree Robert. As to the validity of the story I am not sure but it makes a good point . . . bacon is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the song says:
    "...Four pounds of back bacon..."

    ReplyDelete