Thursday, October 22, 2009

13. Donut Day

I received a wonderful email at the beginning of the semester. This email bore the news that the Graduate Student Society would be providing free donuts to graduate students every Thursday morning. As some of you may know, I love donuts. In fact, they might be getting their own post sometime in the future. However, this post is not specifically about donuts. It is about Donut Day (bagels are also provided alongside the donuts, but, well...yeah).

Obviously, a big reason why I'm grateful for donut day is the fact that I get to eat donuts for free. That's not the only reason, however. Donut Day is also great because I don't need to take time to eat breakfast at home, which means I can get a few more minutes of sleep and save some of my precious milk and Malt-O-Meal for another day.

Donut day also gives me one more thing to look forward to on Thursdays. It's not the only thing I ever look forward too, but adding one more thing to the list always makes it easier to get going in the morning.

Finally, Donut Day gives me an opportunity to catch up with an old roommate of mine. He's married now, so I normally don't see him much. However, he goes to Donut Day as well so we've started meeting up at the same time every week. It's been fun. We've got another roommate who is invited to Donut Day, but he hasn't shown up yet. I think it might mostly be a scheduling thing, but I don't think he gets as excited about the donuts as I do either. Still, if he shows up, that will make Donut Day that much better.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I were there to come to doughnut day. Maybe I'll have to get a doughnut on Thursday just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, sure thing. We'll think of you this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete