Sunday, October 11, 2009

2. Good Friends

I've been very blessed over the years to have some really great friends. These have been people who understand the way I think I why I think that way. They've been able to cheer me up when I've been feeling down, to encourage me in my undertakings, to listen when I've needed someone to talk to, and to just make me feel good about myself.

These people have helped me to enjoy life. They've made me laugh harder than I ever knew possible, and they've made me happy in countless other ways.

I've been able to rely on my friends to help me out on short notice and to get me out of sticky situations. I'm reminded of one particular Valentine's Day where I wasn't quite as prepared as I should have been. Thanks, guys, for helping to bail me out. You know who you are.

I am particularly grateful for the good influence my friends have been on me and for their great examples. They have been examples of how to be kind, thoughtful, fun, and charitable. For any aspect of my life that I feel like I need to work on, I have a close friend from whom I can learn in developing that characteristic. I would like to say thank you to these people for being the great examples they have been. I will forever be grateful for their influence in my life and for helping to keep me going in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture! I think that you have also been a great friend in return. I know that you have been a great son. Did you know you have a reputation? It is for being kind and being smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous post, that is a great picture, and you have been a great friend in return. Not to get all mushy, but I have always looked up to you over the many years I have known you for many different reasons (including your good attitude and happy personality that you carry with you always).

    ReplyDelete