Tuesday, October 27, 2009

18. My Jacket

Today it snowed in Provo for the first time this season. It definitely wasn't the coldest it's ever been around here, or will be, but I was very happy to have my jacket today to help keep me warm. Of course, in thinking about this it also makes me realize that something as simple as a jacket is a blessing in my life that some people don't don't have. And this, of course, helps me better appreciate something as simple as this.

The jacket that I wear most of the time also has some sentimental value to it. It's a jacket that I bought my freshman year of college. I was living in the dorms on a floor of about 30-40 guys. At some point in the year a bunch of guys went out and bought the same jacket from Wal-Mart. I really still wear it just because I like it and haven't bought a new jacket since then, but it was fun at the time and still reminds me occasionally of good times from freshman year.

No comments:

Post a Comment