Sunday, October 18, 2009

9. My Education

I'm very thankful for the education that I have received up to this point. I was able to do well all up through high school, then I came down to BYU to study chemical engineering. While down here I have been able to be taught by and work with some of the top men in their field. I have learned a lot and feel like I have received a top notch education down here.

I graduated with my B.S. last December and started grad school in January. Not only am I thankful for the quality of the education that I have received down here, but I am thankful to still be in school pursuing my graduate degree. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue my education or not, but then, right before my last semester of undergrad started, I decided to apply. I spent some time that semester applying and I was accepted to grad school right before the economy started to dive and I'm so thankful that I haven't had to deal with the difficulties of finding and securing a job during these more difficult times. Even though things are getting better, the students who are graduating this year are having a hard time finding companies who are hiring right now. I'm so thankful that I am still on a sure path, and hopefully things will be looking a lot better when I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment