Saturday, October 17, 2009

8. My Apartment

So, today I just got thinking about how lucky I am to be able to live in an apartment like I do. Sure, it's definitely not the best apartment in Provo, but it's an apartment nonetheless. And, as I was thinking about this I couldn't help but realize that it's a whole lot nicer than where a good portion of this world's population is living. Sure, people complain about rent, internet service, furniture, etc., but in the end it's really a pretty good situation. It's a place that I can call home. It's a place where I can sleep at night, keep food, hang out with friends, find shelter from bad weather, stay cool in the summer, and live a pretty comfortable life. Seriously, when I compare my current situation to someone who has been working hard their entire life, but just happens to be barely scraping by or not even getting by simply because of the part of the world/social standing they were born into, I consider myself very lucky and blessed to be able to go home to my little apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment