Tuesday, October 13, 2009

4. My Health

To the best of my memory, I've been in pretty good health for most of my life. In fact, I can't remember the last time that I was seriously ill. I mean, I'll get a cold every now and then, but I can't even remember the last time I had the flu or any kind of a fever. I know it's happened, I just can't remember when. I have had to deal with a couple of ear infections that took me out of commission for about a week at a time when I was a teenager, but I blame those more on Lake Powell than on my body, and I've since learned how to avoid those anyway.

In all seriousness, though, I'm thankful for how well my body has held up in my first 25 years of life. I've never broken a bone. I'm not prone to getting sick. I only suffer from some mild allergies in the spring, except for one extremely bizarre allergic reaction I had when I was quite young. We've never been able to figure out what happened there. I recover pretty quickly when I get a cold. I've escaped mono on a couple of occassions (quite a bit more narrowly in one case than the other). Basically, I feel like everything's in working order the vast majority of the time. I'm definitely not alone in this regard, but that doesn't mean I can't be thankful for it.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe you have inherited Granpa's good health. I think that the only time he has been a hospital was when he broke his knee back in the eighties. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on avoiding the kissing disease. Also,congratulations on avoiding kissing to avoid the kissing disease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, you are now banned from posting comments on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a good laugh at you comment Jen. Keep it up!

    Cody N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, thanks for the invite to the blog Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we were all amazed you missed the kissing disease.... :)

    ReplyDelete