Wednesday, October 21, 2009

12. The 4 Seasons


So, a lot of people have a favorite season. I don't. I like them all. I've tried to pick one to be my favorite in the past, but I can never seem to decide which one comes out on top. As soon as I've picked one, I remember something about another that levels the playing field again. They all have their own set of pros and cons...mostly pros. Summer is warm, comfortable, bright and sunny. Fall is full of beautiful colors. Winter brings snow and just has a magical feeling about it. Spring brings the joy of seeing everything come back to life and feeling the warm weather return.

I think it's great having 4 very distinct seasons. It adds variety to life, and there's something special about the transitions between seasons. We are in the midst of a change right now as the leaves are changing color. It's always beautiful. The picture above is one I took on campus today. It wasn't as bright out as other days, but it still looked nice. I love the transition into winter as well when the first big snowfall comes. I think that seeing everything covered in white makes me think of Christmas, and it can be such a sudden and drastic change sometimes that it just seems unreal.

It's nice to stop and look, appreciate, and think about what each season brings with it. It helps me to remember how wonderful this planet is and bears testimony to me that it's creation wasn't just circumstance. It was definitely and purposefully made to be beautiful.

1 comment: