Monday, October 26, 2009

17. My New Shoes

Yeah, I'm getting a little materialistic with this again. That's fine. There's a lot of material things that I'm very thankful for as well.

Anyway, I'm very thankful for my new shoes. I had my previous pair for about a year and they were really starting to fall apart. I usually get a cheap pair from Payless, so I don't really expect them to last a really long time anyway. This pair had gotten to the point where the heals were the backs of the heals were completely separated from the soles, thus leaving huge gaps for water to get into. Also, there really wasn't much cushioning left in them.

So, I went and bought a new pair of shoes. I had completely forgotten how good a pair of shoes can feel. The first day I walked up to campus I couldn't help but smile the whole way because my feet felt so good. It was also nice to add a little variety. Before buying this pair of shoes, I had bought the same pair two years in a row and was pretty sick of them by the time I bought these new ones.

Anyway, there's nothing spectacular about them to just look at them, but I sure appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment