Sunday, October 25, 2009

16. The Simpson (The Good Seasons)

So, this is the first TV show that I've talked about on here. Seriously, though, I am thankful for the Simpsons. I haven't been a big fan as of late, but the show was great up until I went to college.

Anyway, while the show was funny and has made me laugh a lot, the main reason I'm thankful for it is because of the moments I have shared with friends. It has provided a lot of good times with friends and roommates over the years. In fact, the Simpsons is what really started one of my most recent great friendships. I knew the guy a bit before he moved into my apartment, but not great. Well, we got along fine, but it wasn't until we discovered that we could endlessly quote the Simpsons back and forth to each other that our friendship really developed. Yes, this sounds kind of silly, but it's true.

So, I'm thankful for the Simpsons both for the laughs it has delivered and for the friendships it has strenghtened.

1 comment:

  1. When we lived in Germany, I watched a lot of "The Simpsons" in German. I learned the language by listening to the German dialogue over what I already knew the English to be. That wasn't the only way I learned, but it really helped!

    ReplyDelete