Monday, October 12, 2009

3. Cheerfulness

Happy Thanksgiving!! Okay, so, for those of you who don't know, I am Canadian and today is Thanksgiving in Canada. I am currently living in the US while I go to school, but I still like to celebrate this day however I can when it comes around. And how could I not mention Thanksgiving when my blog is all about stuff I'm thankful for? Yeah, that just wouldn't seem right. Also, tying things back to yesterday's post about friends, I have a friend down here who has invited me over for a little celebration tonight. I really appreciate that and am looking forward to it.

Anyway, back to the subject for today. I could have titled this post many different ways, but cheerfulness seemed to work the best. Why did I choose to focus on this today? Well, I just got out of taking a test for what I consider to be my hardest class. You might think that I'm focusing on cheerfulness because I'm happy that I did well on this test. You would be wrong. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I didn't do too great. But that's just the point, I'm still happy and cheerful today. I didn't let it get me down.

One thing that I've learned is that it's immeasurably better and more enjoyable to be happy rather than miserable. This should be a no-brainer for anyone. That is why I am thankful that I can be happy, even after a tough test like the one I just took. It makes my day better, and helps improve the day for those I interact with (or it at least doesn't make it worse for them). Also, when others are cheerful around me, it helps me to be cheerful. So, thank you to everyone who can walk around with a smile on their face and lift the spirits of those around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment