Wednesday, October 14, 2009

5. Rainbows

Okay, so, I was in my apartment today and looked out the window and saw that everything outside was beautiful. There was kind of an orange hue in all of the colors and all the colors were very sharp. Anyway, I went outside really excited to see how everything looked. To my dismay, it was raining outside. It's not that I don't like the rain, I just don't like being wet when I don't want to be. My attitude about the rain changed the instant I looked out toward the mountains and saw a huge, arching rainbow complete from end to end. It was beautiful.

I've always really like seeing rainbows. I think everybody does to some extent. Even though we're taught in elementary school why they appear when it rains, there's still just something amazing about seeing them
pop up when they do. They just seem unreal. They're particularly amazing when you can see them dropping down in front of something on the horizon, such as this one today. I looked over to the north and saw that it was coming down in front of the mountains instead of just disappearing into the background somewhere.

Now, I feel like I should clarify that it's real life rainbows that make me happy. When it comes to rainbow drawings, stickers, decals, or what have you, those don't really have an effect on me. The real thing is what I like.

Anyway, rainbows always make me smile, and I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. We saw the best rainbow on our way home from Atlanta. It was sooo bright and wide! You would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete