Tuesday, December 1, 2009

53. Egg Nog

So, I've known for a few days now that this was going to be the topic for today. As I mentioned earlier, I tend to wait until December 1 to actually begin my own Christmas celebrations and such. Egg nog has been in the stores for a few weeks now, but I noticed it again just the other day as I was walking through the store and got really excited that it was almost Dec. 1 and that I could almost allow myself to buy my first carton of the year. It was at that point that I knew I'd be writing about egg nog today.

I really do love egg nog. I don't think I can ever get enough of it. So, it's probably good that it's only available at Christmas, otherwise I'd be gaining weight like nothing else all year long. Also, since it's only available at Christmas, it's simply another one of the many things that get me excited for the season and make this time of year special.

Okay, I should clarify one thing. I have actually seen non-Christmas egg nog for sale. It was Hollowen egg nog and the carton had a silhouette of a witch riding a broom stick. I got quite upset about this out of season egg nog. I think I probably ranted about it to my roommates when I got back from the store. I don't remember seeing it since then, thankfully.

1 comment:

  1. I finally allowed to buy myself a box of mandarins today. Mmm. Another strictly Christmas food in my books.

    ReplyDelete