Thursday, December 10, 2009

62. Merbear

Ah, I did it again. I missed my midnight deadline. I'm getting bad at this. Well, once again, at least I remembered to do this before falling asleep. I knew something didn't feel right as I was laying in bed.


So, the story behind Merbear is a long one. I don't really have time to get into all of the details now, but here's the condensed version. The origins of Merbear go back to my first apartment and set of roommates after the mission. Merbear is a teddy bear that showed up on our doorstep a few years ago. At the time, Merbear smelt kind of funny and we weren't extremely fond of him. Later on, one of my roommates ran him through the wash and he came out all clean and our feelings for Merbear changed. As roommates have gotten married and moved out, Merbear has stayed with us. I am now the remaining single roommate still living in Provo, and I still have Merbear. Why is he called Merbear? Well, somebody put the bottom half of his body in a sock one day. He looked like a mermaid, except for the fact that he's a bear. Thus, Merbear. There are all kinds of stories about Merbear, and he has provided a surprising amount of fun over the years (particularly when we were all still living together), and I'm thankful that I have had the opportunity to be a part of all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment