Wednesday, December 16, 2009

68. Knowing how to Knit

Yep, that's right, I know how to knit. I pretty much only know how to knit rectangles of various dimensions (ie. scarves, rags, etc.), but I know how to knit nonetheless. I learned a few years ago from a girl in my ward who I later ended up dating for a couple of months. There were a couple of motivations in learning how to knit. The obvious one is that I was interested in this girl at the time. The other is that I needed Christmas gift ideas and knitting a couple of scarves seemed like a good idea. I was able to finish one scarf for my sister-in-law during the Christmas break, and I started one for my sister. That one, however, took nearly a year to finish up (I think it was only a year, I could be mistaken). In any case, I'm thankful to have been able to make those for them. Also, it's just fun to be able to throw out in a conversation that I know how to knit. I haven't done any knitting in a couple of years, but I'm sure that I could pick it up again and do just fine after working out a couple initial kinks. I have even used this ability as part of a school project. The ability to knit has been very useful to me.

2 comments:

  1. The scarf you made me is useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should knit me some new dish cloths. That would be useful.
    My main comment is about your previous post about washers and dryers. Grammy would certainly agree with you. I remember when I was a little kid I would watch her using the old wringer washer. It was electric so was a step up from the old washers you had to agitate using a lever on the side of it. I know it was all hard work for her, but I found it fascinating! She would push the soaking wet clothes into the wringers and they would come out the other side all squashed flat and dry (sort of). As for dryers, Grammy had to hang everything on the clothesline unless it was freezing cold or raining. I remember bringing in sheets that were frozen stiff as a board. Then they went onto the clotheshorse and stood by the heat vent until they were dry. So glad I don't have to do that!

    ReplyDelete