Sunday, December 6, 2009

58. Lava Lamps

Lava lamps are one of the simple pleasures in life. They definitely are not an essential part of life. I could get along just fine if they didn't exist. The success of my future does not hinge on lava lamps in the slightest. However, they are cool to watch. There is something mesmerizing about the bubbles floating up and down. Seriously, I can spend insane amounts of time just watching a lava lamp. So, like I said, lava lamps are one of those simple pleasures for which I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. They are mesmerizing. Just like watching the flames of a bonfire. Or like the little fiber optic Christmas tree we gave Jennifer for her first "very own" apartment. We got it all set up and then spent most of the rest of the evening just watching her tree turn different colours. We hardly spoke--just sat there staring at the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I don't put out the tree anymore.

    ReplyDelete