Saturday, January 16, 2010

99. Wikipedia

My first introduction to Wikipedia was either right before I left on my mission or shortly after I returned. I can't remember which, exactly. In either case, I do remember that it was through my brother-in-law. All I really remember is that he was looking something up on it and talking about how neat of a website it was. I really didn't understand at the time. Later on I got more exposed to it and really learned how much cool information is on there and how easily it is to find yourself spending way too much time jumping from article to article. Also, it's just so quick and easy to learn about something on there. I think it's usually the first place I look when I have a question. I have no idea how many Wikipedia articles I've searched for. Too many to count. Of course, I realize that you need to be careful about believing everything you read on there, but that's true for the internet in general. So, I'm thankful for Wikipedia and for the quick and easy source of information that it is.

1 comment:

  1. What?! Are you saying that we can't believe every word we read on the internet? Of course we can! I read it somewhere on the internet that we should never doubt what is written there. Right?

    ReplyDelete