Sunday, January 3, 2010

86. The Scriptures

So, this is another topic that I'm not sure I can do justice. I'm pretty sure that no matter what I write here, it won't match the true significance of the scriptures. But, despite that, I'm still going to say that I'm thankful for the scriptures. There is a lot that I could write about here, but I'm just going to focus on the guidance and strength that I receive from reading them. We are counseled to read them every day. I can definitely say that I feel better when I am doing this. It's not just relief from knowing that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. It's hard to explain, but I feel good. I'm sure that a lot of people reading this know what I'm talking about. It's all tied back to feeling the spirit and such. The scriptures also answer questions and give me guidance when I need it. Even just last night I read something that was perfect for the moment and was exactly what I needed to be reminded of. Moments like these give me strength and direction that I need to either keep me going in the right direction or to steer me back in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment