Thursday, January 14, 2010

97. My Study Group

I don't normally work in groups, and I don't like group projects. When it comes to homework, however, that's a different story. It's always nice to be working on homework with somebody else so that you can help each other and have a better chance of doing it correctly. During my undergrad years, it was always easy to find somebody working on the same assignment as you because we all did our homework in the same lab. So, I was never really part of a specific group, you just worked with whoever was around. This semester, however, I'm in a class made up of mostly mechanical engineers and 3 chemical engineers. One of the other ChE students brought up the idea of working on our homework together, so the three of us have been setting specific times to get together and do the homework. This isn't a new idea or anything, but it's the first time I've done anything more than just look for someone who might be doing the same thing I am. Anyway, I'm really thankful that I am a part of this group. It has helped us make sure that we work on our assignment consistently throughout the week and not just leave it to the day or so before (which I probably would have done otherwise), and this first assignment would have been a real beast to leave to the end. Like I said, none of this is groundbreaking news or anything, but I've never done it before. So, I'm thankful for this study group.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the things I miss the most with my correspondence program. Just a word of advice: as an undergrad, a friend told me that study groups work best when you are with people smarter than you, instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete