Thursday, January 7, 2010

90. My Mission


So, I've wanted to write about my mission for a long time, but it just hasn't felt like the right time until now. I would hope that by now it is clear that the order in which I write about things on here is in no way a reflection of the amount of gratitude I have for that subject. I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


I had the opportunity serve in France for two years. While there, I had the opportunity to learn French, see some beautiful and historic sites, eat some of the most delicious food ever, meet and grow to love some absolutely amazing people, and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. This was such a growing experience for me. I grew in many dimensions. It was such a different experience from anything I have done at any other time in my life.

I'll admit, it was hard. There were discouraging and exhausting days. However, the positive and uplifting moments infinitely outweighed the difficult times. It was such a wonderful experience to see the light of Christ grow within somebody as they learned more about the plan of salvation and the love of God.

There is so much that I could write about, and I feel like I could never do it justice. I think that I'll simply close by saying that I wouldn't trade my mission and everything I experienced and learned for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment