Tuesday, January 12, 2010

95. Electricity

Imagine a world without electricity. Or, at least, imagine a world where we couldn't harness the power of electricity for our convenience. You can't really imagine a world where there was no electricity because in that case our bodies wouldn't be producing electricity either and that would cause all kinds of problems...such as death (and I don't think we want to imagine a world where everyone is dead). So, I guess that's one reason to be thankful for electricity.

Anyway, I was originally meaning to write about electricity that is generated and used to power the technology that we have become so dependent upon and that has allowed for all kinds of progress. Aside from a few simple things such as not having to use candles and lamps for light, I can't even begin to expound on the countless ways that electricity makes our life better. It ranges from the most tiny details at home to the largest processes in the world. From helping simple little me, to helping billions around the world. I am so thankful for electricity.

1 comment:

  1. I am really thankful for it too. Made keeping kids clothes clean and house and everything else lots easier. However, the electricity generated when I touch anything--not so much! I could hardly stand to see you all playing that awful game where you hold onto the handles and one of you gets zapped.

    You are right though. The generated and controlled electricity is a blessing. One more thing that scientists discovered with God's help.

    ReplyDelete