Tuesday, January 5, 2010

88. Friendly Customs Officers

As I was thinking about a topic for tonight, I suddenly found myself reflecting on my experience crossing the border on my way home and back. I can't really remember the train of thought that lead there. In any case, I'm thankful for cheerful customs officers.

Crossing the border is my least favorite part of the drive. I've never had any real trouble with my paperwork or had any devastating experiences at the border, but I really do not look forward to it. Sometimes they can be really cranky and it is no fun at all. And you can't really be cranky back to them because they could really ruin your day if they wanted to. Thus, it is always a huge relief when I pull up to the booth and the officer is friendly and makes things really easy and stress free.

2 comments:

  1. I love crossing the border! I always get my passport stamped... it makes me feel special! I love your list so far. What are you gonna do when you're all done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not entirely sure just yet. I've thought about seeing how long I can continue it for, but I've also been thinking it will be nice to have it done and take a break for a while. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete