Monday, January 11, 2010

94. Morning Classes/Meetings

I'm expecting a few different kinds of reactions to this post. For some of you, this is probably just one more thing supporting your belief that I'm crazy. Others of you are probably thinking that I'm lying right now (I'm thinking of Mom and Dad, who had to wake me up every morning for school). And I'm hoping that some of you are thinking "hey, me too."

Anyway, I am thankful for morning classes and meetings because they force me to get out of bed before it gets too late in the day. I realize that once I am completely graduated and employed full time, my job will be filling that role and I may be wishing for more opportunities to sleep in. But, in all reality, I'll be thankful to be getting up early then as well.

Okay, so, the actual act of waking up and getting out of bed is not fun. But here's the deal. Despite how much more comfortable it is to sleep in, I don't like getting up late and feeling like I've wasted a good chunk of my day already. I'd rather get up early and have lots of time to do stuff during the day than wake up late and have significantly less time. But, like I said, it's a lot more comfortable to stay in bed, and that's often the only thing on my mind while I am in bed. It's not until I've gotten up late that I realize that I have slept away valuable time that I had been counting on. When I have something to wake up for, such as classes and meetings, it forces me out of bed before I can let the comfort suck me back to sleep for too long.

So, I hope that helps clarify exactly why I am thankful for early classes, and maybe helped some of you think that I am a little less crazy than originally believed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In school my favourite finals were the 7-10am ones. Everybody thought I was nuts, but there was something satisfying about walking home at 9am and knowing I was done for the day.

    ReplyDelete