Friday, January 15, 2010

98. Surprise Days Off

So, I went to class today just like any other day. Well, almost like any other day. I actually got to class a couple minutes late because I slept in. My thought process when I woke up was "wow, it feels later than it usually does when I wake up. Oh yeah, it's Saturday. Wait, no it's not! It's Friday! I have class in 25 minutes!"

Anyway, I was sitting in class and the professor was finishing up the lecture and said "alright, we'll pick this up on Monday. I mean, on Wednesday." Wednesday? I couldn't figure out why he said that? I went back to my office and did some investigating. It turns out that Monday is Martin Luther King Day! No class on Monday! I had no idea before today. This surprise bit of information made me really happy.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sunday evenings spent with the knowledge that school/work is off the next day are so wonderful.

    Be sure you tip your hat to MLK and others on Monday. Without the sacrifices of so many, we may not have gotten to the point where you could have the cutest niece and nephew ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an undergrad I took a course in building good study skills. It was rough, with lots of work, quizzes, and heavy tests. A week before our first major exam, the prof asked if any of us had started preparing. I said I'd reviewed some terms from the first couple of chapters. Nobody else had done anything. Then he told the class that since I was applying the course, I was exempt from the remaining workload of the semester! That's right, as long as I did my readings and showed up, I had a perfect grade--no papers, quizzes, tests, presentations, nothing.

    ReplyDelete